Hennepin Avenue United Methodist Church has been identified as a Reconciling Church since 1994. In those 22 years, there have been a lot of advancements made towards reconciliation, both within the Church and in society in general.
Statement of Welcome and Reconciliation
(revised by Committee in January 2016)
We, the members of Hennepin Avenue United Methodist Church, take seriously the importance of an open communion table. With that sacred encounter as our vision, we claim that as a congregation we are welcoming and open to all peoples. We embrace as a gift the diversity of our neighborhood and the world. We celebrate all the ways that the human family of Christ lives its diversity, including marital status, sexual orientation, faith history, gender identity, race, ethnicity, age, economic status, physical or mental ability, and education. We affirm that all people are created in the image of God, and we know that all, as beloved children of God, are worthy of God’s love and grace. We welcome the full inclusion of all people in the life and ministries of the United Methodist Church as we journey toward reconciliation in Christ. We believe in the vision of John Wesley that we can love alike, though we may not think alike.
We proclaim this statement of welcome to all, including those who have known the pain of exclusion or discrimination in the church or in society. As members of Hennepin Avenue United Methodist Church, who seek to be agents of social change, we covenant to work together until all are fully embraced in our church and we live into our dedication to “Open Hearts, Open Minds, and Open Doors.”
Reconciling Committee T-Shirts
1) When you get to the “Upcoming Events” page – look for the event called “Reconciling T-Shirts” and then click “Register” .
2) Use your church-registered email to begin the “registration process” for the t-shirts – it should prompt you next to enter your password, or add your information to the system.
3) With the next step, you can select a t-shirt for yourself and anyone in your family that is associated with that address, and then you can also add others by clicking on the “ADD” button under the section “Register Additional Individuals”
5) Once you make your selections, you confirm your email and your order, and then proceed to the payment page
6) On the payment page, you can pay right there with a CC, or choose to pay in person.