The Steeple People Thrift Store accepts donations of quality goods for resale, and distributes profits to the community. It was founded in 1979 as an outreach ministry of Hennepin Avenue United Methodist Church and is now a 501(c) nonprofit organization. In the past 35 years, we have given away over $800,000 to local charities and nearly $100,000 of in-kind donations directly to people in need.
2004 Lyndale Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55403. Phone: 612-871-8305
Parking is available in the lot at the corner of Lyndale Avenue South and Franklin Avenue.
Public Transit: Bus lines 2, 4, 113, 115 pass near the store.
Monday-Friday: 10:30 AM – 5:30 PM (Tuesdays until 6:30 PM). Saturday: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
How you can help us fulfill our mission:
- SHOP Come visit our store on Lyndale near Franklin, just 2 blocks from the church, across from The Wedge. You never know what you’ll find – rare and recent books, clothing for kids and adults, furniture, linens, jewelry, art, dinnerware, seaonal décor, CDs, DVDs, and more!
- DONATE Cleaning your closet? Donate to Steeple People! We accept quality goods in useable, resalable condition. No matter how you donate, we provide receipts for taxes:
– Drop off items at our store (please call ahead for larger items or loads)
– Arrange a pick-up of 3 or more items of furniture (may be a small fee)
– Bring items to church (Sundays from Apr-Nov the SPTS van will be in the lot)
- VOLUNTEER Many people volunteer on a regular basis, and some come for a one-time opportunity. It is a great way to meet people, and to get involved with the community. There are often treats to share and conversations to enjoy. We need your help with sorting, pricing, and selling items, as well as professional assistance in many areas. If you have a skill please let us know, we could likely use your expertise! Hours are very flexible – you can work Sundays when our van is in the church parking lot, or any time at the store during our regular hours.
For more information, please contact Bob, the Store Manager, or Matt, the Assistant Store Manager, at 612-871-8305 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for considering serving in whatever way you can. We look forward to meeting you!